Tuesday, September 24, 2013

To Bee or not to Bee ... {St. Charles Photographer}

Here are some photos from an interesting challenge I participated in with a photography group.  It was a macro challenge with bugs as the subjects.  I tell you what, I have a newly found awe of these little creatures I once though of as "icky."  Except the fly...he is still unfortunately more "icky" than ever now that I've seen him up close.   

Even though they don't necessarily qualify as macro, these are some of my favorites that resulted from the challenge.  :)

This little fella is about 1/8".  VERY teeeeny little thing.
Same teeeeny little guy.  The flower bud is the 1/2 the size of my pinky nail.
 


We were a little close for comfort, but it was worth it.  Who knew they were so intricate?
And for the fly....scroll down if you must.  






The hairs on the forehead.  The hairy hole of a mouth.  Those nose slits?
Creeps.  Me.  Out.  Go scroll back up, to the happy and pretty things.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed!